Thursday, May 15

Bashful Blue & Real Red

Never in a million years would I have thought to put Bashful Blue and Real Red together, but when I saw Sandy Downey's gorgeous cards in Australian Paper Crafts Magazine, issue 76 2008, I just had to try these colours together. Don't they look great! Thanks for the great idea Sandy. While you have the magazine open have a look at Yvonne Campbell's "By any other Name" and Carol Dunstan's "A french affair" both Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.

Instead of using patterned paper as Sandy did, I stamped Whisper White card with the lovely flower image in Real Red and sponged lightly with Bashful Blue. And I used the Spring Solitude Hostess Set. I Really like the bird sitting on the branch.


Recipe

Stamp Set : Spring Solitude Level 2 Hostess
Ink: Real Red, Bashful Blue & Basic Black
Card : Whisper White & Bashful Blue
Accessories : Red grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, sponge, dimensionals, snail & paper snips

Maybe this will inspire you to try something a bit different, as Sandy inspired me.

Happy Stampin'


1 comment:

Sam Coppack said...

They're not colours I would have thought to put together either, but they look great!! Well done!