Monday, June 30

Poppin' Pastels

This is the card I made for a swap group I'm in. A swap group is a group of people who swap cards with each other on a regular basis, with the same theme or technique. I swap every month with seven other people. So I make the same card seven times and send it out to everyone in the group and I received seven cards in the mail, one from each person in the group. So I end up with eight cards of the same theme or technique but all completely different. It's great receiving such lovely mail from all over Australia and seeing the great cards the others have made.

This months swap rules were to use the Poppin' Pastels technique and at least one eyelet. I hadn't done this technique for a while so it was great to do it again. For those that don't know, the Poppin' Pastels technique is stamping with Versa mark then using the sponge daubers with chalks (Stampin' Pastels) to colour the image. The chalk will stick to the Versa mark making the stamped image pop out from the card. It's very effective. I love it.





Recipe
Stamp Sets : Garden Whimsy
Ink : Versa mark
Card : Whisper White, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Accessories : Stampin' Pastels, sponge daubers, Crop a dile, metallic eyelets silver, Gingham ribbon light pink


For my card I've gone for the soft feminine look. What do you think?
I hope the other members of the group like it.


Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for participating, Leah! I loved your card!