Sunday, June 29

Salted Background

I entered a challenge. The other day I was looking at Mellisa's Stamping Blog (who is a lovely person I meet at convention) and she had set a challenge using the salted background technique. Now I had never seen or heard of this technique before so I decided to have a go. This was quite fun to do and involved salt (I used sea salt), gloss card, spritzing water and ink. There is a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers showing how it's done. My attempt isn't great but you can imagine the different looks you can get by using different colours. It works better if you use ink refills. You can't see it in the photo but the salt leaves an interesting texture on the card.



Recipe
Stamp Sets : Oh, so lovely, Circle of friendship
Ink : Old Olive, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Choc Chip
Card : Old Olive, Ruby Red, Gloss White, Whisper White
Punches : circles 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", scallop
Accessories : Grosgrain ribbon Always Artichoke, Dimensionals

Why not give it a try?

Leah

No comments: