Tuesday, October 14

Mel's Colour Challenge

The colours for Mel's colour challenge this week are Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Handsome Hunter, Basic Black and Whisper White. As soon as I saw this picture I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous bird from the Always stamp set. (spring Mini)
It's hard to see in the photo but I used Basic Black textured card stock for the base. I embossed the bird with black embossing powder and coloured in the pattern with stampin write markers. The ribbon flower I saw on Dawns Stamping Thoughts and had to try, it turned ok! I love it with the red rhinestone brad. I'll try the ribbon flower with glitter next time.Recipe
Stamp Sets: Always, A Little Birthday Cheer
Ink: Versamark, Stazon Black, stampin write markers - Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Handsome Hunter
Card : Basic Black textured, whisper white, real red, yoyo yellow
Punches : 3/4" circle, corner rounder
Accessories : black embossing powder, buddie, heat tool, snips, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon real red, rhinestone brad, stamp a ma jig, dimensionals

Thanks Mel for another great challenge.
Don't forget about my first challenge, look here.
Thanks for lookin!

5 comments:

Debbie M said...

What a fantastic card Leah! You really do amazing work!

Debbie M

Natasha said...

Well done Leah - I really like this! The bird reminds me of folk art. Good job with a hard colour combo!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous... love how you colored the flourish on the bird! Very nice!

Chook said...

Wow, that looks great. Love your card.

Louise said...

So dramatic - I love it! Thanks for sharing.