Friday, January 16

Jan Diary/Calender Page

Well here it is, this is what I've been working on this week and the sneak peak I gave you a few days ago. It's a diary/calender. After looking and looking at all the ones at the shop I decided it would be fun to make my own. And it was really fun.
I started with an On Board Art Journal, covered it with the yummy DSP Ginger Blossom then decorated. I tried to keep it flat because it will be going in and out of my bag a lot. When I'm at home it will stand nicely on my desk, so I shouldn't forget anything.

On the inside I have made a calender of the whole year.

This is the January page again trying to keep it flat. The Stamp set I've used here is Embrace Life from the Summer Mini Catalogue. See how it stands up by itself.

Here is the birthday page, so I won't forget any one's birthday. Getting the birthday card mailed on time is another matter.

My children saw what I was doing and wanted to make one too. We used card stock so they can be hung on their walls. We used the Crop A Dile to punch the holes though all the layers of card at the same time, so the holes would match up. Brilliant.


This is Rebecca's January page. She loves the Bail Breeze DSP.


And Jamie made this one. He picked bright summer colours. He is going to draw a picture on the top part. A work in progress.
If you would like to make your own diary/calender I am happy to do a class for you and your friends. Contact me at stampin.with.leah@live.com.au .
Now I'm off to make a start on the February page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Idea, Leah! And its so cute that your kids wanted one, too!

Natasha said...

Cool idea! I've been working on calendars too... Can't wait to see what you come up with for the other months

Mandy Schiller said...

Love the calendar leigh. I need one of those for my handbag...lol...gee then I would need a bigger handbag...mmm... good excuse for some retail therapy...lol...

Mandyxx