Tuesday, April 14

Splish Splash


I came across a great scrap booking site last night, Tanja Westwood Compulsive Scrapbooker. Tanja has a monthly scrap booking challenge and this month it's a sketch challenge. So I couldn't resist having a go with the photo's from Southbank. Even though I have a hundred other things I should have been doing.......grin
The new In Colours Kiwi Kiss & Pacific Point match so well with Zach's swim shirt and the DSP Good Morning Sunshine was perfect for this water theme page. I had a lot of fun making this page and I'm really happy how it turned out.
You can check out Tanja's creations at Compulsive Scrapbooker here.
There's the sketch above. The photo's not real good, the lighting's not right so the colours aren't showing up as well as in real life.
I've used crystal effects on the dots for a water texture. Looks cool. I got this idea from my amazing sister.

Recipe
Stamp Sets: Ocean Commotion, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Simple Serif Alphabet & Numbers, Live your Dream (dottie lines for journaling)
Ink: basic black, pacific point
Marker: basic black
Card: sarha sand, whisper white, kiwi kiss, pacific point
DSP: Good Morning Sunshine
Punches: slit
Accessories: hodge podge, brads, paper snips, clear embossing powder, buddy, heat tool, crystal effects, dimensionals

It's school holidays here this week so we had a lazy day today and tomorrow were meeting friends for pizza in the park. It's looking like the rain is going away so hopefully we won't get wet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over to my site. I totally love what you have done with the sketch and stamps...just beautiful :)

Natasha said...

Very cool! Love the waater droplet effect. Looks like Zach had an awesome time - we might have to take out little frog there when we finally get over your way!

Robyn said...

Fabulous Leah!

Leanne said...

Wow Leah, This is superb! Fantastic effort.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous Leah! Its' a gorgeous page. Well done. I will keep my eye out for you at convention, it will be great to put name to faces..LOL See you there, I will be the one swapping a card with you...LOL
Kirsty